Student Engagement Techniques50 techniques for engaging students in classroom learning
Keeping students involved, motivated, and actively learning is challenging educators across the country, yet good advice on how to accomplish this has not been readily available. Student Engagement Techniques is a comprehensive resource that offers college teachers a dynamic model for engaging students and includes over one hundred tips, strategies, and techniques for promoting engagement in today’s varied classroom contexts.
- Each of the 50 techniques is presented in a ready-to-use format that shows how to apply each of the book’s techniques in both onsite and online classrooms.
- Techniques include purpose, preparation, procedures, examples, online implementation, variations and extensions, observations and advice, and key resources.
- An additional 50 tips and strategies offer research-based suggestions for how to foster motivation, promote active learning, create a sense of classroom community, ensure students are appropriately challenged, and promote holistic learning.
- The book also includes a solid discussion of the research on learning that supports the concept of engagement and real-life examples of these approaches to teaching in action.” (James Rhem, executive editor, The National Teaching & Learning Forum)
- Crosswalk tables are provided that offer a mechanism for correlating survey questions on the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) to specific techniques as well as tips and strategies.
Student Engagement Techniques is a powerful resource to help teachers from a wide variety of disciplines and institutions motivate and connect with their students and promote persistent, high-quality student participation.